Dogs have always been a part of my life. In 2010 I was lucky enough to change my career to begin working with dogs. Since then I have covered a wide range of areas of dog training, behaviour and care, through my work and education.
I am a fully certified member of the IMDT (Institute of Modern Dog Trainers).
I believe building a happy relationship with your dog is paramount to successful training and a harmonious life together. Using positive, science based methods I aim to make training fun and achievable for both dog and owner.
If there are bigger behaviour challenges to over come with your dog, I offer support, training and advice for behavioural difficulties such as, aggression, separation issues and fearfulness.
Below is a list of courses I have attended over the last 7 years. I continue to build on my knowledge and skills to ensure I am offering you the best and most up to date training and support there is.
- 2 day career as a dog trainer at Alpha Dog Training School – Aug 2010
- 4 day career as a dog trainer at Alpha Dog Training School – Oct 2010
- 2 day seminar (aggression/rehabilitation, perfect puppy foundation, perfect clicker training, canine body language at IMDT – Oct 2011
- Animal Aiders Dog First Aid Training course – Feb 2012
- Gert De Bolster seminar- Aggression and Training Rehabilitation – Aug 2012
- Grisha Stewart Seminar on BAT (Behaviour Adjustment Training) – Nov 2012
- The Fearful, Anxious Dog with Jon Bowen MRCUS – Nov 2012
- T-Touch with Sarah Fisher – Feb 2013
- 3 day Agility Training with Alison Martin (IMDT)
- K9 Freestyle – Dancing dogs with Richard Curtis – Feb 2013
- Ian Dunbar – Jul 2013
- Understanding Agression with Jim Crosby 2013
- Victoria Stilwell – Positively – Nov 2013
- IMDT Rescue Puppy 5 day course – February 2014
- Stop! Predatory Drive with David Ryan 2015
- Happy Recallers with Nando Brown & Steve Mann (IMDT) 2014
- Self Control with Helen Zulch 2015
- IMDT 3 DAY Conference 2016
- Tracking Level 1, 2 & 3 with Pat Taggs 2015 – 2016
- BrokenTracks with Pat Taggs Oct 2016
- Resource Guarding 2 Day Seminar with Dave Brice (IMDTB) Sep 2016
- Separation Anxiety 2 Day Seminar with Dave Brice (IMDTB) Jan 2017
My name is Jemma and I’m thrilled to be collaborating as part of the Leaps and Hounds team!
I have worked in the Canine Industry for 6 years. I started teaching some fun agility and puppy classes, then spent around 18 months at Battersea Dogs and Cats Home Old Windsor, where I worked with dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds. I have just finished coaching at Dogs Trust Dog School, where I guided dogs and their owners through basic training skills.
I am a qualified Tellington TTouch Practitioner and I am completing the ISCP Diploma in Canine Psychology and Behaviour. I am also a member of The Association of INTODogs and the Pet Professional Network, both of whom support me further to better my skills to be the best I can be and keep me up to date with the best professional practice.
I love working creatively to support dogs and their owners with issues – thinking “outside the box” to provide personalised solutions is truly my passion. No two dogs are the same, so no two solutions should be the same. I also like to look very closely at every aspect of the dogs I am working with, from their body to their mind and their emotions, to make sure every part of your dog’s life is being supported.
I am a proud Beagle mum to Lily, a 7-year-old beagle. We have done everything together from agility to flyball and TTouch training. She teaches me something new every day and inspires me to help more hounds in need!