Lucy has over 10 years professional experience with dogs, as well as nearly 40 years of growing up with dogs. After studying Sculpture at university, Lucy went into working with children and young adults with learning difficulties and disabilities. It was here that Lucy’s keen interest in behaviour and communication, began to flourish. In 2007 Lucy’s heart was stolen by a rescue lurcher named Tiggy. In an attempt to help Tiggy with her behaviour challenges, Lucy had some bad experiences with so called Canine Professionals, using outdated methods. It was then that Lucy decided she needed to learn more about modern Science based methods. So she began attending Courses with Steve Mann @ the IMDT and has not looked back since.
In 2010 Lucy took a leap and started her own Dog walking and dog care Business, while she continued to study. Over the last 10 years Lucy has gained experience in a wide range of areas of dog training and behaviour, both abroad as well as in the UK. She has worked with 100’s of dogs of varying ages, breeds and background.
Lucy claims…”every dog I meet teaches me something valuable. Communication is Key!”
Lucy is a fully certified member of the IMDT (Institute of Modern Dog Trainers) and a Fully Certified Canine Bahaviourist with INTODOGS.
She Continues to study and attend relevant courses and seminars as part of her ongoing Professional Development.
A list of Lucy’s professional achievements can be found below:
- 2 day career as a dog trainer at Alpha Dog Training School – Aug 2010
- 4 day career as a dog trainer at Alpha Dog Training School – Oct 2010
- 2 day seminar (aggression/rehabilitation, perfect puppy foundation, perfect clicker training, canine body language at IMDT – Oct 2011
- Animal Aiders Dog First Aid Training course – Feb 2012
- Gert De Bolster seminar- Aggression and Training Rehabilitation – Aug 2012
- Grisha Stewart Seminar on BAT (Behaviour Adjustment Training) – Nov 2012
- The Fearful, Anxious Dog with Jon Bowen MRCUS – Nov 2012
- T-Touch with Sarah Fisher – Feb 2013
- 3 day Agility Training with Alison Martin (IMDT)
- K9 Freestyle – Dancing dogs with Richard Curtis – Feb 2013
- Ian Dunbar – Jul 2013
- Understanding Agression with Jim Crosby 2013
- Victoria Stilwell – Positively – Nov 2013
- IMDT Rescue Puppy 5 day course – February 2014
- Stop! Predatory Drive with David Ryan 2015
- Happy Recallers with Nando Brown & Steve Mann (IMDT) 2014
- Self Control with Helen Zulch 2015
- IMDT 3 DAY Conference 2016
- Tracking Level 1, 2 & 3 with Pat Taggs 2015 – 2016
- BrokenTracks with Pat Taggs Oct 2016
- Resource Guarding 2 Day Seminar with Dave Brice (IMDTB) Sep 2016
- Separation Anxiety 2 Day Seminar with Dave Brice (IMDTB) Jan 2017
- 1 Day ACE with Sarah Fisher @ Tilly Farm
- 5 Days ACE with Sarah Fisher @ Tilley Farm
Howard has been training with Lucy at Leaps and Hounds for the last 3 years.
Previous to working with Dogs, Howard has worked all over the world as an instructor of various disciplines, such as White Water Kayaking, Martial Arts and Mountaineering, to mention a few. Each to a high level of Instruction, working with Adults and Children from all walks of life. During his time over seas, Howard cohabited and cared for a number of Dogs he be friended along the way. On returning to the UK to settle, he found his permanent Canine Companion, Lola. Lola is a Collie X Rescue, with a an abundance of love and abundance of Challenges. Howard claims;.. “Lola is my greatest teacher so far.” She is the Reason he began his journey to become a Dog training Coach.
For the last 18 months, Howard has been working as 121 Dog walker/Trainer. More recently has taken on teaching Puppy and Adolescent classes. Alongside his work, Howard is Studying towards a Diploma in Canine Psychology and Behaviour with the ISCP.
Howard continues to attend Seminars and Workshops to advance his knowledge and experience, Whilst also keeping up to date with the latest research and findings in Canine behaviour and Training.
Follow Leaps and Hounds on Instagram